From visiting you at home to taking you out and about, an Arvida Good Friends helper can assist you with staying connected and pursuing an active social life in the wider community.
Being involved in other people’s lives, joining in with what’s happening around the community and pursuing your favourite hobbies are part of living your best life. They're just as important as eating well and getting enough exercise.
If you’re finding it harder to stay in touch with the people, places and activities you love, an Arvida Good Friends helper can assist you with staying connected and pursuing an active social life in the wider community. The service is flexible, so you can do things when and how you want. Transport to and from events and activities in your local area is included in your helper rate. It’s like having a social secretary whose only job is to ensure you’re having a good time.
Here are some of the ways an Arvida Good Friends helper can help:
- Help you to visit family or friends or attend special events
- Accompany you to your appointments and make sure you get safely home
- Get you to the library, book clubs, sports games or other activities that you've been missing
- Help you to resurrect or find hobbies and special interests
- Call in for a chat while doing some daily tasks around the home
- Connect you with activities at the Living Well Centre
- Help you get confident using the Good Friends Go transport service
These services are part of Help at Home membership. Your Arvida Good Friends Living Well Manager will work closely with you to develop a tailored cleaning service plan and schedule that will meet your specific needs. They will then help you to identify exactly the right person from our pool of approved helpers.